This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Openfaves does not own or control, or to individuals that Openfaves does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Users Does Openfaves Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as:
- Registration: In order for you to use Openfaves services, such as submitting new links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Openfaves automatically receives and records certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Openfaves cookie information, and the page you requested. Openfaves uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Openfaves may also add on any page display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes member profile pages.
- Social sharing of data: Openfaves allows other users to browse stories that you have dugg, submitted, blogged, or commented on. This information is made available via your member profile (http://www.openfaves.com/user/), on the Openfaves spy page (http://www.openfaves.com/live) or within the permalink URL of the story in which you performed the action on. Openfaves may choose to post this data on other site features in the future.
- Profile information: Openfaves allows other users to browse your full name, location, and instant messaging URL, within your member profile should you provide this optional information.
- Syndication: Openfaves allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the website.
- Friends Data: Much like other social services Openfaves allows non-friends to browse through your friends activities (http://www.openfaves.com/user/).
- API: Openfaves will allow 3rd parties access to all Openfaves data this is already publicly available through Openfaves.com. Openfaves will forever keep private passwords and blog settings.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Openfaves will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer.s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Openfaves cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will Openfaves Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Openfaves, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of Openfaves and Others:
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Openfaves, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your Openfaves account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. Upon logging in visit your user profile setting page located at: http://www.openfaves.com/user/ and click modify.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new links.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information About Users Does Openfaves Collect?" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Openfaves account by contacting Openfaves using the form provided on the contact us page. This removes all of your past Openfaves usage from public view.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Can Children Use Openfaves's Services?
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Openfaves website. As a result, Openfaves does not specifically collect information about children.